Seven things you may want to know about Laura:
1. She's been an avid Cubs fan since those awkward middle school years but doesn't realistically believe they'll win a World Series in her lifetime.
2. She graduated from Northwestern University with a journalism degree and temporarily changed gears to become a private detective. No, she didn't chase cheating spouses. She was a homicide detective. But now she's back to her roots—both the Jewish ones and the journalism ones.
3. Addictions: bubble tea with the tapioca balls, polo shirts, home-cooked meals, the ocean, old Disney movies.
4. Hopes she is influential enough someday to help other people who are less advantaged.
5. Grew up in: Delaware, the only state that has more chickens than people. She's been told she looks like an East Coast girl and has a Delaware accent, but she doesn't think there are enough people in the state to create an accent.
6. She rarely reads fiction books, but becomes easily enthralled by the works of writers such as Alex Kotlowitz and Sudhir Venkatesh.
7. Has lived in Copenhagen and becomes nostalgic whenever she meets someone whose last name ends in "sen," comes across Carlsberg beer or sees the letter ø.
more OY! TEAM